Monday, August 15, 2011

Catching up

A few articles and columns:


  • Today's "Milton Makes a Difference," about Mary Beth Callahan, the preschool special education team chair in Milton.

  • The August 1 "Milton Makes a Difference," about some teens from St. Agatha parish in Milton who traveled to Appalachia for a service project.

  • "Milton Musings" from August 6, about another reason to love Cunningham Park.

  • The August 8 "Milton Makes a Difference," about school resource officer Maria Poles, of the Milton Police Department.

  • This past weekend's "Just a Minute," in which our heroine finally adopts a dog. Said heroine bears no responsibility for the column's headline, although it is kind of cute, despite groans I've heard from some readers.

I think that catches me up. I've also been writing features about camps all summer for the Milton, Hingham and Canton Patch sites, as well as continuing with my weekly wine column for the Milton site. Summer camps are winding down and soon I'll be back to my weekly school news columns for the three sites.


One side note: the kids are all done with their own camps now, and these past few days have been a reminder of just how hard it is to write with them around. Uninterrupted time is at a premium until school starts on August 31. Thank goodness Earl can be around enough to keep them occupied.

No comments: